The Pradhan Mantri Kusum Yojana Maharashtra is a beneficial scheme aimed at supporting farmers in the Maharashtra state. This central government programme was started by our Late Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley and focuses on providing solar irrigation pumps at lower rates. In this article, we will discuss the details of the scheme, including beneficiary eligibility, required documents, benefits, application fees, and the application process. If you are planning to apply for a Mahaurja Kusum Solar Pump Yojana,
This information will be valuable to you.
The objective of Kisan Kusum Yojana Maharashtra
The Pradhan Mantri Kusum Yojana Maharashtra aims to establish solar power plants and provide leased land for such purposes. Under this scheme, farmers will only need to pay 10% of the total cost to participate. The government will contribute 60% of the funds as subsidies, while the remaining 30% will be provided as loans to farmers. The Centre has also approved a sum of Rs 34,422 crore for Maharashtra including all services charges implemented by agencies¹. The goal is to install 5 lakh non-transmission solar agricultural pumps over the next 5 years, with 1 lakh pumps sanctioned for the first year.
Eligibility Criteria for Beneficiary Selection²:
To be eligible for the Kusum Yojana Maharashtra 2023, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Farmers whose applications have not been approved under the Atal Solar Agricultural Pump Yojana or the Mukhyamantri Solar Agricultural Pump Yojana.
- Farmers who have access to a sustainable water source such as borewells, wells, perennial rivers, or adjacent drains on their farms.
- Farmers who do not have access to conventional electricity connections.
- Farmers with 2.5 acres of farmland will receive a 3 HP DC solar pump, those with 5 acres will receive a 5 HP DC pump, and farmers with more than 5 acres will receive a 7.5 HP DC or higher capacity solar pump.
Features of Solar Kusum Yojana Maharashtra:
Here are some key features of the Pradhan Mantri Kusum Yojana Maharashtra:
- Installation of 3814 non-transmission agricultural pumps across 34 districts of Maharashtra, enabling farmers to irrigate their fields during the day.
- Farmers can attach additional equipment to the agricultural pumps at their own expense.
- General category beneficiaries will be required to pay 10% of the pump’s price, while Scheduled Tribes beneficiaries will pay only 5%.
- Based on their land size, farmers can apply for 3 HP, 5 HP, 7.5 HP, or higher capacity DC solar pumps.
Benefits of PM Kisan Kusum Yojana Maharashtra 2023:
It offers several benefits to farmers, including:
- Uninterrupted power supply for agricultural operations.
- Reduced burden of farm energy subsidies on farmers.
- Groundwater level monitoring capabilities.
- Risk-free income generation for farmers.
- Contribution to reducing the carbon footprint in agriculture.
Required Eligibility for Kusum Scheme Application:
To apply for the Kusum Yojana Maharashtra, the following eligibility criteria must be met:
- The applicants must reside in India permanently.
- No financial qualifications are required for self-investment in the project.
- Applicants can apply for solar power projects ranging from 0.5 MW to 2 MW capacity.
- If the project is developed by a third-party developer, the developer’s net asset must be Rs. 1 crore per MW.
- Approximately 2 hectares of land per MW is required.
Beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Kusum Yojana:
The solar pump yojana 2023 Maharashtra extends its benefits to various categories of beneficiaries, including farmers, cooperative societies, groups of farmers, water consumers’ associations, and farmer’s producer organizations.
Required Documents for Pradhan Mantri Kusum Yojana:
To apply for the Kusum Yojana Maharashtra 2023, the following documents are essential:
- Aadhar Card
- Passport size photograph
- Ration Card
- Registration copy
- Authorization letter
- Land copy
- Net Worth Certificate issued by a Chartered Accountant (in case of project development by a developer)
- Mobile number
- Bank account statement
The Application Fee for Solar Pump Yojana 2023 Maharashtra³:
Applicants are required to pay an application fee of ₹5,000 per MW, along with GST, to apply for a solar power station. The fee must be paid through a demand draft in favour of the Managing Director of the Maharashtra Energy Development Agency (Mahaurja). The application fee for different capacity ranges from 0.5 MW to 2 MW is as follows:
- For 0.5 MW: Rs. 2,500 + GST
- For 1 MW: Rs. 5,000 + GST
- For 1.5 MW: Rs. 7,500 + GST
- For 2 MW: Rs. 10,000 + GST
The application process for the Kusum Solar Yojana 2023 will be implemented through the Maharashtra Energy Development Agency (Mahaurja) on a first-come, first-served basis. Interested applicants can register online through the official website www.mahaurja.com. The Pradhan Mantri Kusum-B scheme was announced under the ‘Mahakrishi Urja Scheme.